II. Information we collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we get when you use our Services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for an account, update your e-mail preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the App, or contact us with questions or comments about the App.
We may also collect information about you when you opt-in to receive text messages from us (for example, when you sign up for Whispr). You may opt-in to receive such updates and offers by providing your mobile telephone number through the App.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information. Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms, or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about which of those Services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we may collect when you use our Services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our Services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our Services, such as which pages you view the most, how often you use our Services, etc.
- how you communicate with other users on Swipr, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our Services and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use.
- Device Phonebook. We —with your permission—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Some of our Services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos.
- Location Information. When you use our Services we may collect information about your location with your permission. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address. identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely
- identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
- In App Purchase. When you subscribe to a paid service or make any other type of purchase or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment information.
Keeping your information private and secure is of our utmost importance. We take deep measures to ensure that we only collect information that you explicitly give us permission to. We will never try to trick you into giving us information nor will we abuse the information you give us. While we collect information (such as your Contacts, Location, etc.) to help you take full advantage of our product features, we understand if you feel uncomfortable giving us permission. If so, you are encouraged to deny giving us permission. You also have the ability to delete any information you have given us from our servers; for example, if you have given us permission to your Contacts, but no longer wish to have them stored in our servers, let us know at [email protected]. You can also delete your account or any other information from our servers by reaching us at that email.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users and third parties. For example, if another user uploads their contact list, we may combine information from that user’s contact list with other information we have collected about you.
You may choose to connect to us through Snapchat, and when you do, we may collect additional information from you, such as your display name and Bitmoji, through Snapchat. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms and encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
III. How we use information
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our App or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with the use of the App include:
- Snapchat display name;
- Snapchat Bitmoji;
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the App is treated as "Non-Personally Identifiable Information," unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- create and manage your account;
- provide the App to you;
- operate our App, including access management, App administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our App;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- provide you access to, and updates regarding the App and other related offers via text message;
- respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our App;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our App, including secured areas of the App;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions that may interest you; and
- administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to: deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use App and present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our App with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
IV. How we share information
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party's own direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud and providing credit risk reduction;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of Swipr, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact us at [email protected] to request information regarding how we share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes.
V. Third-party Content and Integrations
Our services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
VI. Cookies and Beacons
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our App may use local stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our App. The cookies do not identify you as an individual or track your online behavior. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from flash cookies and we will not associate them with your Personally Identifiable Information. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you disable or refuse Flash cookies, please note that some parts of our App may be inaccessible or may not function properly.
- Beacons. Our App and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings, and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
VII. Securing Your Information
The security of your information is important to Swipr, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use, or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee the complete security of your information. As a result, Swipr cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the App and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the App is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your username or password has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Our App is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 17 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 17 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us, including your name, address, or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 17, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 17 years of age or older.
IX. Links to Third-Party Websites
X. Contact Us